Monday, July 18, 2005

Alone

I am surrounded by many
Still I am alone
Nobody to call a friend
No shoulder to lean on in times of pain
No one to protect or to be protected by
Mocked by those who call themselves my friends
Days of ceaseless pain
Nights of growing loneliness
I grow stronger with each passing day
Knowing I could end the pain in a second
But I know that ending it would prove how weak I was
Pain is temporary
Death is permanent
Life alone is better than death regretful
Live not a life of regret but a life of foolish pride
Hang on to those you consider dear and never let go

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Another string in your "Demons" and "Hidden" theme. I know that feeling of being "surrounded by many" but "still I am alone." The world can often be superficial, can't it? And that sometimes seems so foreign who spends time thoughtfully inside of his own head contemplating the finer points of life, doesn't it?

Especially, I like the line "nights of growling loneliness." Nights of lonliness is a time-honored theme. But adding "growling" in there is a very nice touch. Something different.

11:10 PM, September 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home