Monday, July 18, 2005

Anger

Repressed my inner demons have grown strong
Their shackles are weakening
I fear they will soon escape
I fear not for myself but for the fool who unleashes them
I will lose myself in their fury
I shall feel no pain till I reawaken
Amongst the devastated I realize I have become a slave to my anger
An anger which no one can master
Yet I am expected to bear its burden
My pain hidden beneath this false smile
The laughter keeps me from screaming
My peers go along mocking me
Unbeknownst to them I am subconsciously plotting
The things I think should have never occurred to one as young as me
My demise is not near but I feel as though the next day will be the end
But that mystic end will not be brought on by myself
But by the fabled reaper

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Wow. This is blacker than anything Metallica ever wrote. A comparison to the murky depths of Edgar Alan Poe is probably more appropriate.

It's good to get your feelings out on paper, I think. It helps to crystalize them and deal with them with a little more distance, so that we don't actuale "lose ourselves in fury."

My compliments to you for being able to reach into your depths with such clarity and precision. Many people never get to know themsleves as well as you seem too. That's a trait that will come in handy during life's ups and downs. Just remember to step away from your feelings and get back into life as quickly as you can. : )

11:17 PM, September 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home