Monday, July 18, 2005

Hidden

Hidden from view in broad daylight
I sit here unnoticed for the most part
The teacher occasionally calls out for an answer
My voice heard then forgotten instantly
I like being hidden from you
All you do is mock me out of fear
Each insult slowly cuts deeper
I seem unaffected yet I am scarred beyond recognition
Deep within my psyche I have some small fragment of pride left
I hold onto it for dear life
You all try to steal it as if it were some precious jewel
I despise every one of you who acts as if you are just joking
The lies and truths indistinguishable from one another in my eyes
Your preconceived judgments clouding your vision
But making mine all the clearer
I see you for who you truly are
An insecure fool who knows no other way express fear by mockery

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Great title and piece. The last line is wickedly sharp. And very true. Most of the "fools" you speak of are probably just lame and insecure. And a little too jacked up on teenage hormones. They might mellow in a few years and wise up a bit. But, rest assured, if you can write this well and are this observant you, are heck of a lot smarter than that lame crowd you describe so well.

I know that feeling of being "inside of your own head" in a way that a lot of people can't see. A lot of artists, including writers, have an introverted tendency. Not antisocial, just a tendency to want to think things though in our heads. A desire to contemplate the world in a meaningful way. Whereas, about 3 out of 4 people are extroverted -- always chit-chatty, communicating and thinking in ways that are often more superficial. They tend to not have a clue as to how introverts think inside their heads, and often view them as shy or grumpy. Whereas, people who spend a lot of time insider their own heads tend to be more observant and notice extrovert behavior probably more than extroverts do themselves -- because they are too busy bouncing off the walls to stop and think half the time.

So, hopefully it helps to know that there are other people out there just like you! : )

10:59 PM, September 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home