Monday, July 18, 2005

In The Dark

I keep you in the dark
You think you know every detail of me
I hide my true feelings in the dark corner of my mind
Along with the bad memories of the years gone by
They sit there just waiting to be released as if they were a caged bird
Always coming just beneath the surface as if to say let me free
But my fear and paranoia keep them tightly locked away
Never to be released
Never to be heard or seen
I just sit here in wait for the caged bird to escape
When that day finally comes all will be revealed
No secrets
No lies
No more dark corners to hide in

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

A more narrative version of the theme you tackled in "Demons." I like them both, although they are different stylistically.

10:49 PM, September 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home