Monday, July 18, 2005

Peaceful

You think you know me
You think you solved the mystery of me
You see through the acts that I hide behind
I hate to disprove your theory
You see the outer walls that are the labyrinth of me.
Hidden in dark the dark recesses of my mind do I lurk just waiting to emerge
But as each day passes I grow weary of hiding
Just wanting to be myself but unable to
Held back by the shackles called expectations
I act as if I were a fallen being
But all I am is a speck of dust in the wind
Not destined for greatness
Not destined for fame or wealth
I don’t desire these materialistic things
All I want peace
Not world peace
Not peace of mind
Just peace
So leave me to search for this fabled peace

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Great! You have captured very well that feeling of searching that we have all felt at sometime. And not quite totally squaring with the (sometimes crazy) world around us. The last five lines are especially great. Would it make sense, though, to put in a line break between "search" and "for"? Just to put emphasis on "for this fabled place," as a last line?

I presume you have heard the U2 song's "I still haven't heard what I am looking for" and "where the streets have no name." This piece reminds me of those theme.s Especially the "fabled place" line. Like "I want to take shelter from the poison rain where the streets have no name. . . . I'll show you a place high on a desert plain where the streets have no name."

10:48 PM, September 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home