Monday, July 18, 2005

Unsure

To tell the truth
I am unsure as to whether any god exists
I’m not sure I want to
The wars spawned by religion caused more destruction
Than I care to be associated with
No definite black or white just grey
The views some try to push on me
Have put me in a perpetual state of indifference
The hate caused by your so called saviors
Has driven me away
Whether you are reborn, or you live
Forever in the golden light or fiery pits
Is your choice
Even though we really don’t know what will happen
In the hereafter of your choice
My views don’t matter to you
Yours don’t matter to me
Just remember no one really knows what is going to happen
When you find out you can’t tell me
I’ll be off in my little world of indecision

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

You have captures the ambivalence that some people fee toward organized religion very well.

"Just remember no on really knows what is going to happen." Excellent way of summarizing the whole issue.

Perhaps you might be interested in my piece "God" at my site. (You can find it in the "A Sample of my Poems" section on the right hand side). I tried to create something simple and universal in that piece. If you like it, feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think.

10:40 PM, September 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home