Friday, September 16, 2005

My first love

My first love
You played the flirtatious schoolgirl
Using your friends to interrogate me
That night at the roller rink
I said said I liked you as a friend nothing more
Then at the final moment before the christmas break
I gave you a message telling you how i really felt
I felt at ease
Finnaly calm
Or so i thought
I sat with you in the mornings
Masking my early exhaustion
And unwittingly putting on a false smile
Slowly drifting from my friends
It took so long for me to realize
My so called attraction was just desperation
An attempt to fill my empty heart
Which only made the pain grow tenfold
Now we are back
At the begining
Hiding our hate from one another

2 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Classic emotions. Captured so well.

10:56 PM, September 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:14 PM, February 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home